New yarn!

Yesterday I had a very frustrating time looking for yarns online. I want to make a winter zoo blanket for Febe and couldn’t find what I needed at all. I never found the right colours ore they had it, but not enough of it…

In the end I only found a rather expensive yarn, and decided to go out and look at two of our local yarn selling stores to see what they had. I never expected to find what I needed, because I needed basic yarn in 3 colours (about 400 gram each) and a lot of different colours for the appliques. Turned out I was wrong. I found exactly what I needed, at a fair price and additional yarns for 3 other projects πŸ™‚ Happy me!

The blanket yarns...
For a beanie for my husband πŸ™‚
This will become a vase...
This is for a beanie for Febe!

Last night I measured the gauge for the blanket. It’s the first time I’m making something where gauge is important, which makes me feel excited and stressed at the same time πŸ˜‰

Gauge πŸ™‚

Oh, and in between all that: the cactus pincushion is progressing as well πŸ™‚

Cactus to be!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s