Project updates :-)

In my last post I’ve mentioned 3 new projects that I was about to start, alongside with the continues zoo blanket. To tell you the truth, this one has been giving me a headache lately 🙂 I’m working on the final row of squares. My – very cute – zebra appliqué is almost done, and then there’s two more to be working on.

I decided to lay them out for a picture last weekend and suddenly realised the bed of Febe is bigger than the blanket; and I want the blanket to be a bit bigger than her bed. She is sleeping in an in-between bed: bigger than a babybed, but smaller than a normal single bed. I would want the blanket to last for her single bed when she grows a bit more as well.

O-ow...
O-ow…

As you can see in the picture above, intruded by our lovely dog, the blanket is too small. There’s one more row of squares, which should come where the dog is sitting. But still. No problem – I thought at first. I’ll just crochet the edges bigger around the squares and make the edge of the blanket bigger as well. But: I don’t have enough yarn for that. And I bought my yarn at Action, which is a store that sells cheaper stuff of about everything. Their polyester Lisa yarn is one of my favourites: very soft feeling, a little bit stretchy, washable at 40°C (needed for bedding) and I love to use it. I bought all they had in the colours I wanted, but suddenly they changed the type. In their stores I can now only find Lisa yarn that is acrylic, with a totally different feel and the colours don’t match either…

I will have to be very creative with the leftovers of yarn I have. Probably the edge of the blanket will be in a different colour – and I have absolutely no idea what whould fit. Suggestions always welcome 🙂

2014-11-08 18.40.38
Project 1

So, this is project 1, just before I ripped it all out again. The edge of the hat (you can see the picture just above the yarn) was too wide for what it should be. I’ve made the exact same size in the right width in the mean time… but no picture yet!
It’ll be a winter hat for my niece. Grey and with a bordeaux flower on the edge. Still some work to be done there though 🙂

Project 2 is completely finished. I originally wanted to make a cowl for my girl to wear. She’s not very fond of scarfs and hates to wear them. Winter is coming, temperatures are dropping and her throat needs some extra protection. A cowl is a bit looser and might do the trick. But she wanted a dog scarf, she said. I already had made the fox hat earlier on, and so started searching for patterns.

I found some really cute animal scarves on Pinterest and when Febe saw the fox one, she immediately wanted that one. So off mum went 🙂

2014-10-25 22.22.08
The beginning of the nose…
2014-11-01 19.21.10
Getting longer!
2014-11-02 13.44.34
Tada!
2014-11-02 13.44.54
Tail detail – I altered the pattern a bit here, not enough orange yarn.
2014-11-02 13.45.01
Detail of the head.

I really loved making the scarf and she loves wearing it. For her this is a friend around her neck, it’s like one of her cuddly animals that she sleeps with. When we go walking with the dog, fox goes along and we need to imitate his voice in respons to what she sais. Gotta love the age of 4!

Proud owner!
Proud owner!

Project 3 is completely on hold. I don’t know if I’ll make it this year, since it’s a Christmas thing and I first want to finish the blanket. We’ll see how far I get. Blanket is stressing me out… I need peace with that one first now 🙂

In between I also made two baby rattlers. Two befriended couples gave birth last month. For the first couple I made a doggy rattler. Ilse & Bruno have two dogs themselves and she is really into frisbee with her dogs. She bought a crochet book to crochet dogs during her first pregancy, but gave up after a while. She handed the book to me, maybe I could do something with it. I think my first attempt turned out quite OK. The patterns weren’t so easy to follow, especially if you have no experience in making amigurumi. Lucky for me, I have some of that already 😉

2014-11-01 10.29.03
Woof!

The second rattler was made to match the birth card. I saw the white cat and wanted to make a rattler out of that one. I’m not completely happy with how the ears turned out, but I made it without a pattern, so I guess it turned out OK (my husband loved it and Annelies & Bavo, the mum & dad as well – so that’s the main thing – I’m pretty critical on myself I suppose 😉 ).

 

2014-10-31 20.13.53
Miauw!

Untill next time! 🙂

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Project updates :-)

    1. Let’s hope so 🙂 Put 6 squares together already over the weekend. Feels good to start the finishing part 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s