After testing out our dishcloth (it lasted one and a half week before getting a bit smelly and will undergo it’s first washing machine testing this weekend – so far, I’m really happy with it!), it took me a while to start a new project. And now, all of the sudden, I have 7 running at the same time. Well – sort of anyway!
I already told you I was going to make the sofa covers for my mum and dad. I haven’t gotten far yet, but the first two squares are a fact:
I will make a version of the crochet daisy afghan by Repeat Crafter Me. Basic colours will be dark red, cream, white and light brown. My parents have cream and light brown in their curtains, and I hope it will match real well. Time will tell!
Next to that, I’m making a baby rattler again. Yes, our friends seem to be babybooming lately, so a lot of lovely birth presents to try out. I’m making a keychain rattler, something I used to have as a kid (but in soft plastic, to chew on). My niece had one as well and now I’m making a yarnified version of one. The pattern is out of a book I got for Christmas. I did the first key today, and really loved how it turned out. Tomorrow I’ll make the lock (if I have the time).
This morning I ordered a lot of yarn, for the WIP’s number 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. A friend of mine lives in Australia, and while we are counting down for spring over here, fall and winter are slowly creeping in down there. Wintertime there is June and July, and that means beanie time. I already had made some little crochet gifts for her and she has now asked me to make 4 beanies for her. One for her daughter Emilia (almost 1), a ninja one for her son Noah (who is the same age as my Febe) and two for her. I was honoured that she asked me and got started right away. For most of the beanies I had some usable colours in my stash – which is always a bonus: I have so much yarn gathered in one year, seriously – I have to do something with all of that *haha*. But I did have to order a lot more. Project number 7 will be a tablet sleeve for the tablet we just bought for Febe. I’ll make a monster one 🙂 (inspiration: here).
I had all the yarn I need for Emilia’s beanie (following this pattern) and started on that as well today, I was on a roll! 😉
About two evenings ago I decided to use up some of my leftover yarns from beanies I had made this winter. Our Febe had “warm sweater day” at school. This means the central heating gets turned down 1°C and they all have to wear an extra warm sweater to compensate. On that day they also had to bring a scarf that they decorated at home with them to school and the teachers made little snowmen out of all the kids. When she got home from school on Friday, I decided to put the snowman mask, the snowman clothes and the scarf on display on one of our cupboards in the living room. My cat Kiara decided the following day that she only wanted to lay on the scarf, tiny as it was – she curled up in a way she could just fit on there (she’s a small cat). It made me realise that she probably wants a blanket to curl up onto. She’s always on top of the cupboards when she’s in the house, because our dog chases her to play with her and she really hates the dog 😉 So I used up some of my chunky yarn for a quick blanket. It turned out quite Christmassy due to the colours and she absolutely loves it!
Oh, and today I also finished a quick project for my little girl. As a suprise for Valentine, I made my husband a little heart out of yarn. Ofcourse Febe spotted it, and wanted a heart for herself as well. You can find the pattern here. It’s worked in the round and works up really fast 🙂
That’s it for now. I’m a week on holiday from work… I guess you can tell 😉