I decided to test it and see if it would work fine. Would it absorb enough water? Would it still look good after a couple of machine washes when dirty? The answer is yes. It does. In fact, it still looks as good as it did when I first made it. Which is awesome news 🙂
So I decided to make another one, with some leftover yarn I had. This time I used Catania Grande for the edges, and Bostun Sun for the middle part. Both yarns are from Schachenmayr and thicker than the earlier used Catania.
My husband wanted it bigger than the first one I made – so thicker yarn was nicer to work with. However, after using it for a while, I’d recommend normal Catania for dishcloth making, because it absorbs better and therefore works more efficient as a dishcloth.
I’m thinking of designing a nicer one – with some kind of appliqué on them. Got a ton of projects on the list though, so I don’t know when I will get around to it 😉